This Blog will be a jumbled mess of my thoughts and experiences.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Adventures of....

It started off to be a pretty ordinary day, in an ordinary town, with ordinary children. I wanted to get out of the house for a while, so I thought I would take Natalie and run to the store. We decided to go to Shopko, just to look around at the toys and whatever. Amy hadn't been able to get out much yet, so she wondered if I could pick up one thing as long as I was going. I blindly said, "Sure, no problem". So she walked into the bathroom and came back out with a near empty pack of these "female only" products. Oh boy, I thought. Well, it was mid-day during the week, so there shouldn't be too many people around and the pack seemed small enough to conceal pretty good. "Can you get me about 48 or so of them?", she asked. Forget what I said about a small pack. Ok, so we got in the car and drove down to the Shopko and went in. I let Natalie lead me though the store for a while, thought it might get her to take a nap later. It was fun too. Then, after about 30 minutes of noisy toys and telling her not to touch the glass products, I decided it was time to get what we came for and run. I had been watching for the products as we were roaming the store and yes, they were way on the far end of the store. Since Natalie was being pretty good, I thought it might be less embarrassing to just let her carry them though the store to the checkout. Bad, bad idea. I didn't notice at first, but once I handed it to her, I saw just how big the package was. She grabbed it with both hands and then faced me. I'll I could see of her was her head and limbs. It looked like she was wearing a maxi-pad costume and she was handing out free samples or something. I told her maybe I would just carry it, but it was too late. She was starting to get tired, and that means she gets loud. "NO, I WANT TO". Ok, ok I said, you can carry it. So she goes running toward the checkout in her Maxi-Pad superhero gear while making some kind of airplane or motorcycle noise. By this time we have collected enough people to call our journey to the checkout a parade route. Anyway, we finally get to the checkout and paid for Natalie's new outfit. Next time, I'll just let Amy get her own stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think once the bulk/economy package is gone, you should stuff it with padding, cut out a head and some arm and leg holes, and wah-la, you have next month's Halloween costume for Natalie for the cost of the padding (and maybe a cape.)

By doing this, you will have not only invented a new superhero that is more original than most in recent years (and female, and with quite powerful metaphors that could be potentially used in regards to this time of month), but you can also have Amy be the one to take her door to door as a kind of payback. :)

The expressions you would receive from those opening the door? Priceless.

- A

4:29 PM, September 28, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home