This Blog will be a jumbled mess of my thoughts and experiences.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Dungeon's and Dragons


Remember that board game a long time ago called Hero Quest. Probably not, but I still think it is a great game. I liked it so much at the time (1991) that I bought it twice along with 4 expansion packs. Although the game itself is fun, I have gutted the game and used the pieces to create my own game. I use a combination of hero quest items and creatures with some D&D rules and spells. I have greatly simplified the rules for D&D to make it easier to play and the hero quest parts provide a visual component to the game. I have created 4 characters for the game. A barbarian (fighter), a cleric, a wizard, and a rouge. Both the cleric and wizard have 16 unique spells to learn (up to 5 of each) and have laminated cards to go with each of these. It is an easy way to keep track of what spells or items have been used during the adventure. I also have level and spell progression tables, 45 quests, color catalog for weapons, armor, and items to purchase, laminated items cards, and even a creature guide that has photos and stats for each of the over 30 unique creatures. It has turned out so nice, I have even gotten my wife and mom to play. Maybe someday I will get to play instead of being the DM, though any D&D I can get, I'll take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home