This Blog will be a jumbled mess of my thoughts and experiences.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Diablo 3

I can easily say after well over 1000 hours of gameplay that Diablo 2 is my alltime favorite game. It is really starting to get dated as the game came out when you only needed a pentium 1 to play it. Anyway, since they refuse to make a 3rd Diablo, I will just have to live with it, until now. I just got a new game call Dungeon Siege II. I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but it seem like a direct spinoff from Diablo 2. It resembles the game so closely that I am surprised there isn't a lawsuit pending. Not that I am complaining. So far it has been a really cool game. I get to play Diablo now with graphics 10 years newer. The story, characters, spells, and equipment are all different, so it not like a straight remake. However, the equipment is enchanted the same way, you earn skills the same way, and you have a storage chest and town portals. There are sets and rare items, you earn experience the same (fighting creatures near your current level is the best way to gain points), and even game saving works the same. I can understand all this though, why change what is good? Now, if I can just convince my friends to drop $50 each and find some time, we can all play it together.

1 Comments:

Blogger MarkIsces said...

I'm afraid this might have to be a "To mark from santa gift" :) Hmmm now there is that small notion of the 50.00 bucks. I've been married for 6 years now... in all that time, I don't think I've ever seen a fifty. Do they even still print them?

4:21 AM, October 07, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home