This Blog will be a jumbled mess of my thoughts and experiences.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Hot Sauce

I have always known about Tabasco sauce, but never really was a big fan of the hot sauce. Who wants to eat something that burns your mouth so bad that your eyes start to water and you pee yourself. Ok, so that never happened, but it would have been funny. Anyway, we had some Tabasco sauce laying around, so one day I just thought I would try it out on my pizza. I shook a little on and took a big ol' bite. Yes, it was hot. But, it turns out that I really like it. I've been adding it to a few things now including some eggs; not too bad. I have been sneaking some in my chili a teaspoon at a time everytime I make it. I want it to be just at the point where you can't taste it, but as you eat it, you can feel your body warming up. I'm almost there. Another recipe I made recently also used the red sauce. You should give it a try, not to bad. Here is the recipe:

1 Tbl Butter
1.5 Cups white rice
1 Onion chopped
1 Green Pepper chopped
2.75 cups Beef Broth
1 - 5 tsp Tabasco (Depending on how hot you want it)
1 lb of peeled and cooked shrimp
1 4oz can mushrooms
1.5 Tbl dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter. Add rice, onion, and green pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add broth, salt, pepper, and Tabasco, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15minutes. Add shrimp, mushrooms, and parsley. Cook 5 more minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't find tabaco hot any more. I also eat Jalepenos raw, or sometimes steamed slightly filled with hot sause. You should try the Dave's habinaros sauses. Still to me they are spicey ketchup.
On to the next blog.
DW

12:59 PM, January 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home