This Blog will be a jumbled mess of my thoughts and experiences.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Paper hoarding

Is the price of paper rising faster than gas prices or are we just getting greedy. I've visited my share of public restrooms to experience a number of different type of hand drying devices. They have ranged from paper towel on the sink counter to hand blowers to a guy holding a towel. Lately, though, it seems that some places would rather have you dripping a trail of dirt filled soap bubbles from the bathroom throughout the store, then part with a few sheets of 2-ply. This restaurant I went to recently had a paper towel dispenser so complicated, that there needed to be instructions displayed on the front of it. It looked like an ordinary box on the wall which had a level to push down to get paper towel. So, I skip reading the instruction because, hey, ITS A PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER, I pull on the level and it doesn't budge. Then I see a button next to the lever. Ok, I do the "We all do dumb things" bit and push the button. I hear a click and try the lever again, and I am able to pull it down twice. However, no paper comes out. I hit the box with my still dripping hands and give in to reading the instructions. It states to dispense paper push button and pull lever twice. This I did. Then it says, if paper is out, switch lever on side to new roll. Oh, didn't see the level on the side. I push the lever on the side, push the button, and pull the level twice. It works, but I only get about 1/2 inch of paper. So I continue to push the button and pull the lever twice again and again and again, until finally I get about a foot. I rip the paper off and just chuck it in the trash, because by this time my hands are dry. What's the deal here? If I purchase something, the least you can do is let me dry my hands.

If you would like to see more paper towel dispensers, just visit my picture archive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home